Thursday, January 8, 2009

Playing the Pauper Magic

Our MTG community had finally decided to have a pauper Magic tournament this last week or rather last Saturday of January. For those who aren't familiar, Pauper Magic is the game format in which only the common cards are legal. Which means we go to the cheap fun version and utilize common cards that we aren't using in our Standard tournaments. No rares and uncommons this time so we had to brainstorm again for deck tech and ideas.

Currently, the team Eversun had listed decks for Kithkins (mono-white), U/B Midrange, U/G Tempo and Sligh (mono-red). They have been undergoing test play to finalize the list. So far, the decks that are dominating are Kithkins and the U/G.

Just tonight, I've found a site (thanks Google) that's dedicated to Pauper Magic. Pdcmagic.com is a online community site that holds Pauper Magic deck challenges and events. It is a good source for Pauper Magic decklists and deck ideas. I'm thinking of joining there. Let's see if it fits to my sked.

(Looking at the site's FAQ)

Oh, they require Magic Online. Crap! Oh well...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend got me an MTGO account for christmas. And while that is great, she didn't realize the investment it would take to get into the digital format.

Anyway this looks like a great site for an MTGO player on the cheep. If only they had a mac client.

Death Mark said...

Yeah.. That's why I still prefer playing on Magic Workstation. :)

KingRitz said...

I know this thread is long-dead, but stilll...

As a long-time regular and Mod at PDCMagic.com, I want to point out that we do have a forum and a number of posts devoted to offline Pauper play (in fact, someone mentioned your blog in one post, leading me to this). PDCMagic.com does have a primary focus in online formats, but I believe that our still-substantial offline content and friendly community would be of use to your efforts.