Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Two New Conflux Cards

I checked out the Rumor Mill at MtgSalvations dot com for any new addition to the Conflux spoiler list and I was able to confirm two cards that was rumored earlier to have an effect on the Faes, as described on Zesty's riddles. The cards were Countersquall and Volcanic Fallout. See the card ability below.

Countersquall UB
Instant (U)
Counter target non-creature spell. That spell's controller loses 2 life.

Volcanic Fallout 1RR
Instant (U)
Volcanic Fallout can't be countered.
Volcanic Fallout deals 2 damage to all creatures and players.

That improved Negate card version is really a good addition to the sideboard of the Fae decks, replacing the actual Negate but I don't think it can replace Glen Elendra Archmage.

Volcanic Fallout makes me actually smile right now as I got another card to include to my Red deck. This card is very good against Faes and Merfolks. The bad thing is that its still a red card and Burrenton Forge Tender can still prevent the damage.

These two cards are my fave so far. The other three newly spoiled cards are like "uhmmm... ok."

No comments: