1. Exercise – One of the common and natural way of relieving stress. Physical activities such as going to the gym and playing your favorite sports increases blood flow, removes muscle tension and sweat out your body impurities. What I practice everyday is morning walk to home after office.
2. Massage – Another way to release those tension, improve blood circulation and relieve your aching muscles is one soothing massage. I’m planning to have one this week with my friends. Just in time after pay day. Prepare those budget guys.
3. Deep Breathing – This one they say is simple but effective way of relaxing the mind and body. I’ve found these steps on how to deep breathe and currently practicing it.
- Inhale through the nose while slowly counting 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4
- Pause count 1 .. 2
- Exhale through the mouth while slowly counting 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4
- Pause count 1 .. 2 (Repeat)
4. Laugh – Laughter is the best medicine and it really is. There is a study that people with a well-developed sense of humor were less likely to have heart problems. I have no problem doing this one currently because I always laugh about anything with my buddy that you might mistake us of being out of our minds. Lol…
5. Listen to Music – Music is one of the effective mediums of relaxing your mind and body. Listening while at work lessens the stress and it depends upon what kind of music you like. Most people prefer slow and no lyric music to get relaxed but I personally find house music to be relaxing. Even rock, heavy metal and black metal music makes me sleep. Ok don’t give me that look.
6. Get Organized – One factor why stress appears at work is the messy working place or desktop. Why not organize your things. Throw away those unimportant papers and files, arrange by folder or category and clean up those clutters. This one I can’t practice well. *sigh*
7. Be Positive – Always think positive, whatever problems you are facing. There’s no point of being a hot headed person and linger on those negative emotions. Optimists enjoy a healthier life, have more positive relationships, and of course experience less stress.
8. Take a Vacation – Lastly, one thing I would always like to do whenever I got stressed out at work. Go to the beach or a far away town, explore nature or any other place just to get away. Going to a vacation removes yourself from that stressed environment and recharges your batteries.
Practicing stress relievers is not that hard and I suggest you do it the natural way. Till next post peeps. Chow…