Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jackson Pollock Wannabe

Last night, my dear friend and kulit officemate Amy send me a link of this site with the url Jacksonpollock.org. At first I hesitated to open it because I was tired of being victimized by those sites wherein zombies or exorcist possessed girl suddenly appears in front of your screen, give you a big scare and ruin your day but due to curiosity, I finally decided to open it.

I was confused of the dripping of ink whenever I move my mouse and she told me its a site dedicated to Jackson Pollock. Jackson Pollock? Who the hell?? Are you familiar with Jackson Pollock? Not? Well, me too. Lol... According to the Wiki I've searched, Jackson Pollock is an American painter that had a great influence and is a major force in the abstract expressionist movement. Among his famous works were Blue Poles: Number 11, 1952, and One: Number 31, 1950, which were the creative results of what they call his "drip" technique. I tried to create my version of abstract drip painting and here is the result.

I'll name this "storya kuris kuris" Lol... You wanna try it out? See the site here. Thanks for sharing this Amy. =)

No comments: